Friday, January 6, 2012

The New Year and new DIY inspirations: Ikea


I don't care for Ikea products since they mostly seem bland and cheap looking. However, I've been developing a better sense of looking at something and rethinking what I could do with it.

We had one small but tall computer desk leftover from our apartment days and I was currently using another larger Ikea desk in my office that was too big. Rather than try and search for the perfect computer desk, I bought a set of L wrenches at HD( Thanks again Heather!) which then allowed me to take apart and assemble a brand new desk that really suited how I use the computer and peripherals. In addition, I think it looks pretty good and seems more steampunkish and fits the small office quite well.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I love the headspace of making things work with what you got..... I find IKEA to be full of great ideas.....those that come to me, and of which they never dreamed about....
    It's kind of like the sum of the parts being greater than the whole! Well done.

    ReplyDelete