Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Luck of the DIYer

I wanted to share a quick, fun post with you today about always having "on" the DIY mentality.

We recently spent 4 days in Los Angeles visiting a nephew who was graduating from high school.  We flew back home, jumped on BART to the station nearest our house and decided to take the 10 minute walk instead of the usual $5 cab ride home.

On the way, we see a solid core door with a 'Free' sign on it near the sidewalk.  I needed a solid core door for the access way leading from the basement into the garage.  The door was in great shape and just needed a little painting.  So I scooped it up and carried it the rest of the way home. 

Want proof?







We returned home from Los Angeles with a free door I need!  Andrea stopped laughing long enough to snap these photos.

So the moral of the story is; keep your eyes open and walk often because you just might find what you need! Saved me about $50 and a trip to HD.  

No comments:

Post a Comment